After several years working for voluntary organisations I decided to set up Manchester Mind Matters in 2013. I really wanted to focus on helping others improve their mental health and well-being. I have several years experience as a counsellor and really love my job. It never ceases to amaze me how my clients have the capacity to overcome their difficulties with just a little help. To me, counselling is not a “one size fits all” approach which is why I have chosen to integrate other counselling theories and approaches to suit the specific needs of my clients
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- Certificate in Working Creatively in the Outdoors
- Advanced Certificate in Supervision (Macclesfield Counselling and Training Centre)
- Certificate in Supervision (Macclesfield Counselling and Training Centre)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Manchester CBT Centre)
- Certificate in Integrated Mindfulness Practice (University of Salford)
- Certificate in Forest Bathing (Centre for Excellence)
- Diploma in Counselling (University of Manchester)
- BA (Hons) Business Studies and Education (Leeds University).
I am a full Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and work according to their principles and ethics. I am also on the BACP’s Accredited Voluntary Register having successfully completed their Certificate of Proficiency in Counselling. For further information on this please see the BACP website at http://www.bacp.co.uk/.
For the past 6 years I have run a successful private counselling practice from home. Prior to this, I worked part-time for Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind where I delivered mental health courses for people in supported housing. I also worked as a volunteer counsellor providing support to my local community.
AREAS OF WORK
Alongside my private counselling, I work for Employee Assisted programmes (EAPS) offering work-based counselling. I also have experience in working for local and national charities (AGE UK, Marie Curie Cancer Care and the MS Society). Previously I have undertaken counselling at a GP Practice and infertility clinic
I have a keen interest in mindfulness and work towards the good practice guidelines for mindfulness teaching. These can be found at
Finally, I hope this profile gives you a little insight into how I work as a counsellor. If you feel that I might be able to help you don’t hesitate to contact me. I offer a no obligation initial assessment session which is perhaps a chance to test the water.
“You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf” (Jon Kabat-Zinn)